he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 1:17:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

A cool September wind blustered through Dewford as Gunner stepped off the ferry. It had not been long since his last visit, and the town looked very much as he had left it. The streets had grown familiar, though he still needed to look up the way to Dewford Prison.[break][break]

Security at the entrance jumped to accommodate Gunner after he flashed his HBIC badge. When they asked for the purpose of his visit, he did not hesitate to give them his answer.[break][break]

"I'm here for ."[break][break]

Officially, the younger man was not an inmate. He was only waiting there for Gunner's arrival, as the HBIC had intervened to take over his processing after receiving 's report.[break][break]

After all, the local prison was not equipped to handle a defector.[break][break]

A guard and his FIGHTING-TYPE Pokémon led Gunner to the interrogation room where Isaac waited. Before walking through the door, he adjusted his tie and schooled the disgust out of his expression. Whatever Dewford's gym leader had written in his report, the man sitting at that table had just recently counted himself among Team Rocket's ranks.[break][break]

And Gunner hated Rockets.[break][break]

He entered the room.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Hush (DD)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 14:00:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Thinking back on it, Isaac was surprised he'd never spent time in prison before. He was even more surprised his first time was of his own volition.[break][break]

For the most part, his stay in Dewford had been spent recuperating in the hospital. Between the harrowing experience he'd been put through, the strange nature of his injuries, and the stranger nature of his recovery, it was deemed a necessity. It was an annoying one, but it beat the alternative.[break][break]

Unfortunately, rules were rules, and 's personal fondness for him had already stretched beyond where it should. Once the HBIC came to stake their claim, there were two ways it could have gone. The first way was a lot of red tape and saber rattling about who had jurisdiction and how handled this matter was. The second way was for Isaac to save Navy the trouble and do things by the book.[break][break]

Far as cells went, it wasn't too terrible.[break][break]

The nice thing about not being an official inmate was that he got to skip the worst of the BS. He didn't have to pick a fight with the big dog of the yard or any shit like that. He did have to choke down some gross prison food, but it turned out it was a lot more tolerable when you could wring the excess water out of it to make it less runny.[break][break]

To the HBIC's credit, their agent was punctual. Even with his pause to seethe over the job he was undertaking, he entered the room the very second their meeting was scheduled for. Impressive.[break][break]

Isaac was never the best at sitting still, even before his body became host to the north wind. Nevertheless, once he saw the HBIC agent lingering outside the doorframe, he snapped out of the push-ups he was doing and quickly popped back into his seat. He'd never suspect a thing! Probably.[break][break]

"I'd say we should start with names. But I'm pretty sure we've already got each other's." No sense wasting his time with crud the agent already knew. "It's good to meet you, Classified."[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:59:07 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Isaac seemed too cheerful for a man who had just decided to abandon Team Rocket. Then again, Gunner had met with all sorts, from the emotionally shattered to the jaded, cocky . Each defector was a unique case, down to their reasons for leaving.[break][break]

Gunner sat down in the only other chair, the seat opposite from Isaac at the table. At his back was the one-way window common to interrogation rooms. Prison security stood in the adjoining room, watching. A camera in the corner of the ceiling pointed at the table.[break][break]

Of course, Gunner ignored those features. Instead, he opened the manila file he'd brought with him. The papers contained Isaac's dossier as well as Navy's report. Details such as Isaac's hometown, family members, and even which of his Pokémon were known to MEGA EVOLVE were in his files.[break][break]

"That may be true, but I still need you to state your name for the record," Gunner started, his expression hard as he watched the other man from beneath the harsh glare of the ceiling lamp, "and your position within Team Rocket."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 16:15:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Damn. Neither a smirk or an eye twitch at that bit. This guy was either a real deal professional or had the poker face of the gods. "Shoulda figured. But, hey. Figured I'd spare you the hassle."[break][break]

"Isaac Merlo. You're not gonna find it in the system, but nobody out there's heard of Isaac Sunderland." Ugh. Even saying that made him want to vomit. By this point, the name was a secret between him, , and the Hoenn PC system. "Maybe now that I'm striking it legit, I should make that official."[break][break]

Now for the harder part. Rank. Despite his tendency to punch above his weight class, he'd never really had the ambition to delve deeper into the machine. The only rank he'd been bestowed came from , who would probably redact it himself if he could. seemed convinced he could have been a Beast. had wanted them to reign together, once. Neither of those paths really spoke to him.[break][break]

They just seemed like newer, deadlier cages.[break][break]

"Associate. In other words, a Grunt too stupid to keep his head down." Would he have been happier if he had? Would he have been able to stick to small-time crime while ignoring the machine chugging along in the background? Or would both his rising potential and his growing distrust demand to make themselves known, one way or another?[break][break]

Perhaps this path truly had been inevitable.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 18:17:03 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner removed a pen from the inner pocket of his jacket and made a small note next to Isaac's name. Sunderland. As part of the later background check, the HBIC searched the census database to look for possible relatives. If there were people who could confirm Isaac's history, his processing might finish faster.[break][break]

"Maybe you should have kept your head out in the first place," Gunner remarked, the acidity evident in his tone.[break][break]

He really hated this whole farce of defection and reformation. Sitting in front of thieves, terrorists, and murderers made Gunner's blood BOIL, and if he had his way, none of them would get a second chance.[break][break]

But the League was required to show a kinder hand at times. Even the worst criminals could reform, his superiors and their propagandists proclaimed. Even they could become productive members of society.[break][break]

Gunner returned his focus to his line of questions. "Which leads me to ask: what are the events that led you to join Team Rocket?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 19:03:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I shouldn't have."

It was a fascinating paradox. Isaac damn well knew, were it not for Rocket, he would have never blossomed into the man he was today. At the same time, he had nothing but resentment towards the fact that it took joining such an organization in the first place. His potential was built on a pillar of ash, and he was unfathomably lucky to have escaped with it intact.[break][break]

"But I didn't. And now we're here." There was a resignation, almost a sorrow, to Isaac's voice. "Lots of us don't catch on until it's too late. Then it's either dead or worse."[break][break]

At times, the dead seemed liked the lucky ones.[break][break]

Gunner asked his next question, and Isaac pondered the room. "Gonna guess you don't give a Raticate's ass about all the sob story parts. Shit family, no prospects, living off whatever I could get my hands on." The guy was more jaded looking than a statue of Rayquaza. "So I'll cut to the chase."[break][break]

"It was two years ago. I was blowing through town when I saw a poacher trying to slip out the way I came. So I did what anyone in my shoes would've done and tried to stop her."[break][break]

"I got destroyed."[break][break]

"I didn't have a lot on me, but I'd gotten my hands on some Revives in case of an emergency. So I tried again. And again. And again. Guess that stubbornness either amused her or impressed her, 'cause she made me an offer. I come to the sub and hear what they had to say, and she'd look the other way instead of making my life a living hell."[break][break]

"I had nothing left to lose, no leverage, and no clue what I was getting myself into. I figured I'd have to be a fool not to at least take a peek." Frustration knit across Isaac's brow. Sorrow shined in his eyes. Guilt set into his smile. "Guess I ended up the fool either way."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 20:31:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Isaac was right: Gunner did not care about the sob story. He didn't even care about the facts of it. But without Isaac's answers, the HBIC did not know if they could trust him or not. His freedom—or his incarceration—depended on his answers.[break][break]

Whether they, and his sincerity, qualified him for redemption.[break][break]

Gunner folded his hands over the papers in front of him, lacing his fingers together. "What sort of crimes did you do as an associate? Go into as much detail as you want."[break][break]

In the six years he'd been with the HBIC, the agent had seen many things that would turn most people's stomachs, as if they had swallowed GASTRO ACID. Whatever Isaac shared, Gunner would remain unfazed.[break][break]

Theft was pretty common among members of the crime syndicate. Arson, smuggling, drug trafficking, and forgery were not uncommon, either, even as worse crimes.[break][break]

Would murder make it to Isaac's list? He did not look, at first glance, like a man who could kill people. Then again, some of the most prolific serial killers had been known for their devastating charming and good-natured smiles.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 23:49:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Hoo, boy. Now this was a hell of a question.[break][break]

"I want to say it was never anything too bad. But we both know that's not how this works." In a vacuum, Isaac's first instincts were right. But when had any of this been in a vacuum? "Theft? Just brought them more resources. Fraud? Just helped them hide easier. Chasing smaller-time crooks out of their turf? Just extended their reach. I could try and justify it 'til the Miltank come home. The blood might not've been on my hands, but I helped spread it either way."[break][break]

had told him not to be overly hard on himself. They told him there was nothing to be gained from handwringing over atrocities that he hadn't committed. Isaac wanted to believe them. However, Rocket was a well-oiled machine, and every cog played its part. He couldn't call himself a murderer, but it would be equally irresponsible to ignore the role he had served.[break][break]

Well, he could call himself a murderer. Maybe.[break][break]

"I've only taken a single life. I was never a model Rocket, and the Underboss was finally sick of my shit. He put a knife in my hand and told me it was my life or his prisoner's." Isaac briefly bowed his head, as if in mourning. "I knew the guy was dead either way. It was just a question of whether I'd be joining him or not. That didn't stop it from being the hardest thing I'd ever have to do."[break][break]

Never again. That was the promise he'd made to himself that day. Yet he knew Gunner didn't care about that, either.[break][break]

"The worst thing I'd ever done was join the attack on Mt. Pyre. The whole plan sat wrong with me, but orders were orders. I just closed my eyes. Told myself the League's plan was genocide, so how bad could we be? Thanked my lucky stars I wasn't sent to Littleroot, because I knew I couldn't handle it." He'd be dead at 's hand before the sun even set on that little podunk town.[break][break]

"It was the biggest mistake of my life. I should've left then and there. Took me a year to stop being such a fucking coward."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 12:33:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The more Isaac spoke, the more irate Gunner became. How dare this man, this criminal, look so sad and remorseful. How dare he bow his head in shame, as if he hadn't known exactly what he was doing to perpetuate a machine of hate and death.[break][break]

Gunner stood, slamming his fists into the metal table so hard it shuddered. The ceiling lamp's light cast harsh shadows over his face as he glowered at Isaac.[break][break]

"Don't give me this 'guilty by proxy,' 'I sucked at being a terrorist' bullshit," the agent snarled. "I don't buy that crap for a minute. You joined their ranks willingly. You turned a blind eye to their deeds over and over again. You're just the same as the worst of them."[break][break]

A different man would have simply let Isaac's words exist on the record, so that others may judge them alongside his actions. But Gunner was fueled too much by hate and vengeance; only his DOPPELGANGER would have been able to sit calmly across from his enemy.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 2:03:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You're right."[break][break]

Of all the things Gunner could have expected to hear after his scathing takedown, would he have seen this coming? Surely, most defectors at least put more effort into trying to defend themselves. They certainly didn't agree with words born from hatred and vengeance, not just for their organization but from them on a personal level.[break][break]

"I could be a saint, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. I spent over a year helping the biggest threat to our region. And I tried to justify it because I was too big of a coward to walk away." He'd had reservations since Meteno. He'd known he wanted to leave since the Ultra Deep Sea. Yet, time and time again, he lingered, feasted upon by naivete, self-doubt, and pure fear.[break][break]

"But there's one thing different even you'd agree with." Isaac turned around, giving his cuffed hands a little wiggle. "They're still over there. And I'm right here. Not because I had to be, but because I want to be."[break][break]

"That file tells you how I got here, yeah?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 12:48:54 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Isaac's agreement took Gunner aback, evidenced by the way the agent narrowed his eyes in suspicion. His mouth pressed into a thin line. To an observer, he looked ready to spit GASTRO ACID at the other man.[break][break]

But between Isaac's words and recent actions, he seemed genuine in his desire for repentance. Most defectors truly wished to leave their past lives behind. Gunner saw that time and time again in the form of many successes. None of them made their way back to Team Rocket's ranks.[break][break]

Surely that meant the League was winning. Yet why did it not feel like winning to Gunner?[break][break]

He did not give Isaac the satisfaction of being right. Instead, he took a deep breath, sat back down, and folded his hands on the table in front of him.[break][break]

"It does," Gunner said about the file without looking at it. "But it doesn't tell me why you want to defect. I have a good idea based on what you've already said, but give it to me straight. For the record."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 14:06:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"We were ordered to risk the end of the world for moon rocks. The hell wouldn't be looking for the door after that?"[break][break]

The answer: a surprising number of people, including himself. The fact that Rocket hadn't collapsed the second Walsh made his demand was testament to the organization's reach and power. Forget an organized crime ring. Forget a terrorist cell. Rocket had become a death cult, willing to take any risk and shoulder any loss to make their boss and their organization that slightest bit stronger.[break][break]

"I stuck around because of the people that depended on me." Isaac shivered, his new eye wincing in a phantom pain. He knew all too well what would have happened to if he walked away. "Told myself I could stop things from being that bad for them."[break][break]

"I was an idiot."[break][break]

"All I got for my troubles was a front row seat of them getting worse. I wasn't doing shit to stop them from becoming killers in debt to Rocket. If anything, I was just making them feel more secure. And I knew if I didn't find a way out, I'd just be following them down that road. But how do you just tear yourself away from people you care about?"[break][break]

With a heavy sigh, Isaac closed his eyes. Soft pain gave way to sharp focus when they reopened. "Then Rocket went after someone like family to me. I know it's selfish. But it was that last push I needed. The second I heard they had , I knew I was getting him out. And I knew, one way or another, there was no going back."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 16:56:34 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner made a note in Isaac's pile with his pen, jotting down 's name. He knew the Rangers had reported a missing person after the Battle at the Ancient Tomb, but with everything going on, he assumed they would launch their own rescue mission.[break][break]

Mentally, Gunner set a reminder for himself to check in with Caleb. "Where is the Ranger now?" he asked.[break][break]

A loud wail cut off the conversation—the prison's alarm system. Outside the room, lights flashed, illuminating the hallway in red. The agent heard a rush of footsteps from the adjacent room, then the door swung open.[break][break]

"Sir! Someone's broken in!" the security guard exclaimed. Behind him, a HITMONLEE rushed down the hall.[break][break]

Broken in? Gunner mused, frowning. That was rare. Usually, alarms in prisons went off when someone was trying to break out. Why would anyone want to break in? But then his blue gaze turned to Isaac, and understanding struck Gunner like a bullet.[break][break]

He abruptly stood, Pokéball in hand. "They're here for him," he said to the guard, who regarded Isaac with wide, incredulous eyes.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 17:50:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]" would know better than me." Isaac didn't expect the HBIC to keep track of every single member of the Rangers, but it still ruffled him a tiny bit. went through a lot. They should know he's okay! "After the handoff I . . . had my hands full."[break][break]

Full with fighting an Underboss and mending a city. Were it not for the storms over Sootopolis and the reinvigoration of Petalbutg Woods, it would seem unbelievable.[break][break]

Alas, there was no time to spin those fairy tales. The prison was under attack, and at Gunner's incredulous look Isaac simply shrugged. "They've been at this all month. The gym. The freaking hospital." It would've heen unbelievable, had it not been on official record. "I really pissed 'em off, I guess."[break][break]

He knew too much to be written off. He lacked the protections to be out of Rocket's reach. He was a perfect storm, the exact type of traitor to be hung from a bloody banner and turned into an example for others.[break][break]

"You know what I'm gonna ask, and I know what you're gonna say." Just in case, Isaac gave his cuffs a little rattle. With how they'd been applied, he'd be of no help here. "So would you rather give me your permission, or have me ask for forgiveness later?"[break][break]

Mists began to dance around the tips of his fingers.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REALITY CHECK [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 19:18:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

. Somehow, Gunner was not surprised. Such a man would take on a suicidal mission to rescue a missing Ranger. Already, Gunner was rewriting Isaac's story in his mind, replacing the younger man's effort with Angelo's.[break][break]

But with the alarm blaring, the agent had no time to reimagine the truth into fiction. He glared long and hard at Isaac's handcuffs, which kept him chained to the table. Surely Gunner and the prison's security staff could fight and arrest one or two members of Team Rocket.[break][break]

Screams of agony—both human and Pokémon—filled the air. The static-edged cry of "We need backup!" crackled over a walkie-talkie.[break][break]

Gunner ground his teeth. "Fine. But you're back in cuffs right afterward." He gestured for the guard, still standing in the doorway. "Release him."[break][break]

Despite his confusion and suspicion, the guard obeyed, removing a ring of keys from his belt and unlocking Isaac's shackles.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP